Saturday, March 7, 2009

Traveling Kentucky.....





























Today was a beautiful spring day!! Way to nice to spend the day inside so David and I took the boys to Red River Gorge. My parents use to take me and my brothers on picnics there when I was very small. David can't ever remember going. We got a late start so we only hiked two trails, the Angel Windows trail and the Whistling Arch trail. But both were virtual geocaches so we made sure to take our GPS. We also found a regular cache at the Silvermine Campground where the boys also practiced skipping rocks in the Red River.














It was so nice to be outside, at times it was even hot! Such a change from the sleet and cold of last weekend! The boys wore themselves out climbing on rocks. We will definatly be going back soon to visit the education center. It wasn't open today.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the three boys is a keeper! Professional! You are very good. I really love your style of homeschooling? You are laid back, but offer so many opportunites to your boys. I have shared your blog with my sister who's going to start HS next year with her boys. You are a real role model! Thanks for your guidance and friendship!
Jeannie