Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Last weeks field trips

Last week was a busy one!!  On Thursday we went to Blue Licks State Park.  We are trying hard to work on our Family Adventure Quest.  But silly me forgot to put my memory chip back in my camera.  Then I didn't realize it until we were along the trail and I had left my phone in the car so I couldn't even take pictures with that!!  We had a good time though.  Our friends the Southworths met us there and luckily Neysa had her phone so she took a picture for one of our challenges.  We hiked a trail visited the gift shop and had a picnic lunch near the trail where Daniel Boone escaped from his Native American captors.  He was going back to warn Fort Boonesborough of a planned attack.  The kids ran and played and had a great time.  Here are the only two pictures I took with my phone as we were getting ready to leave.





The next day we went on a tour of the ALE 8 1 factory.  Anthony even go up to go with us!!!!! 



The secret formula.......
 They also make an orange drink at this factory.  They were making that when we went through the factory.
 Enjoying the free soda at the end of the tour.







After the Ale 8 1 tour another family invited us to go to Fort Boonesborough with them.  We love this place.  And the weather was so nice we couldn't pass up the chance :) 
 

 Anthony actually on a field trip with us!!!!



 This buffalo skin was sooooooo soft




 The tiniest frog......if there is an animal around Jacob is going to spot it!!!



No comments: