Friday, October 26, 2012

We spent the afternoon in Frankfort....

We got up this morning and worked on our school work.  At lunch time we headed towards Salato in Frankfort.  They had the place all decked out for Halloween.  It was a tiny bit chilly but I totally love this weather!!  After Salato we decided we were hungry so I did a search on the GPS for places to eat.  Well Rick's White Light Cafe' came up in the search.  We had seen this place on Food Tv's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  We decided we wanted to try it. We couldn't park very close to the cafe so we drove down a little and found a parking garage.  We had to walk across the "singing" bridge to get there.  I found the old brick I was looking for too take pictures.  To bad the boys weren't really dressed for it.  Oh well, I took some anyway :)  I really am not a fan of seafood but I had to try the crawfish pie...he made that on the show and I remembered thinking that looked so good.  It was very good!!!  It was a little on the pricey side but the entertainment was worth it.  Rick really is a character!!!!!  He didn't stop talking the whole time we were there!!  After lunch we headed to the Frankfort Goodwill to look for Halloween costume ideas.  We didn't find anything :(  Even so it was a wonderful day!!!!!  Anthony needs to learn to come with us every once in a while!!
 













No comments: