Thursday, December 27, 2012

Family.........

Everyone who knows our family knows that we aren't a "traditional" family.  But what is traditional now anyway???  I couldn't give birth to children so David and I adopted ours instead.  They may not look like us but they are ours in every way.   Because they are adopted that means our boys have more family than most.  We have Michael and Anthony's siblings Alyssa and Mike in Toledo, and Michael's little sister Madison in Oregon.  It wasn't until very recently that we found out that Jacob had a brother.  So we also have Kyle in Lexington.  And today, well technically yesterday since it is after midnight, we met Jacobs sister Amy, his cousin Drew and his aunt Jenny.  
 
I made arrangements with Jenny to meet them at Parkette for lunch.  On the way we seemed to hit a lot of red lights and Jacob was not pleased!  We got there first and saw them as they were walking in, Jake was trying to look around me so I just got up so he could get out of the booth.  He hugged Jenny then sat back down.  He was unusually quiet while we were with them.  He told me later that he was tired, he was probably up most of the night.  He just doesn't want to sleep at the right time!!   He mostly just sat and listened while Jenny and I talked.  He got to hear a few stories about his birthmother.  After we left he kept telling me that this was the best Christmas ever.  So Jenny and Amy, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my baby so happy today!!!  And to all the rest of our "adopted" family out there......because you are important to my boys you are important to me.  Thank you for wanting to be a part of our lives.   
 
AND.....I forgot to put the memory card back in my camera so I couldn't use it to take pictures :(  I was very unhappy with myself!!  Luckily my phone has a camera but the pictures don't turn out nearly as clear. 
 
 Drew and Aunt Jenny.
Jacob and Amy

No comments: