Monday, July 14, 2008

We started school today!!!


I started school for the boys today. They so need the routine. We are just doing half days for a while. I want to have them learn a little about the places we will be visiting soon. We will do most of the studing about our trip out west while we are traveling. We will be in the car a lot so we might as well have school.

Today we are doing math review. I had each of them take a test last week and the web site gives me printable worksheets for what they need to work on. Its called mindsprinting.com. They also do reading and science I think, I was mainly concerned about math so we haven't done the other tests yet. They also wrote in their journals did a back to school activity about themselves, read silently then I read a book about pioneers to them. We will be visiting a pioneer village in Ohio at the end of this month.

2 comments:

- Beth said...

Ummm wow! You are motivated! I am chugging along dreadin of even getting things together. I can't imagine yet....

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Cool, I'll have to check out that website. Don't forget audio books for your trip. We love to listen to stories while we are driving. Can't wait to see you at Grand Canyon.
Linda N