Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Unplanned trip to Florida.....











We had some really sad news last Thursday. My Dad passed away. He moved to Florida about 7 years ago and he wanted to be buried there in Edgewater. We were trying to get here before he died but we didn't make it. He had lung problems for a long time and he got pneumonia and couldn't get rid of it.








While we waited for everything to be taken care of we took the boys to the Marine Science Center in Ponce Inlet. There were tons of lizards out and running around which pleased Jacob enormously. He kept saying, "I am going lizarding." It was all catch and release though, no lizards are coming home with us. The Marine Center was small but very nice. We got to see the turtles they are rehabilitating. We walked a trail and found a geocache.








My Dads funeral was yesterday. All the boys did well during all the things that o along with funerals. I really do have good kids....most of the time :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your dad -- and also sorry that we never managed to meet up there. I'm glad you enjoyed our little home-away-from-home. Your blog makes me eager for summer when I can take field trips with my boys! Char