Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jacob meets Jeff Corwin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About a month ago I found out about a PBS video taping of a show in Louisville. The person being interviewed was Richard Ellis. The interviewer was Jeff Corwin of Animal Planet fame and one of Jacobs favorite people. I decided that we had to go!!! It was a little pricey so I convinced myself that it was okay to take only Jacob. I am so glad we went. I didn't tell Jacob we were going until the day we left. I didn't tell him what we were doing until we got the the Kentucky Center for the Arts. When I told him he didn't get very excited. I don't think he really believed me!! But he was so happy when he came out on the stage. We listened while they taped the show then they had a question and answer session. Jacob got to ask a question. He asked Jeff what his favorite animal was. Jeff told him it was snakes, then he asked Jacob what his favorite animal was and Jacob said alligators. Jeff talked about alligators a while then ended by saying to Jake that maybe he would grow up to be a herpetologist and study them. I got it all on video! Then we went to a different room to wait for the dinner. We stood there for a while and I noticed someones back. Looked like Jeff Corwin to me so I motioned to Jacob. He said, "is that him?" I told him I wasn't sure but thought it was. So Jacob casually walks by him looking ahead. When he gets about 3 feet in front he turns around to walk back then looks at his face to see. It was Jeff Corwin and Jacob was so cute trying to find out. Jacob just keeps walking back to stand behind him, of course Jeff doesn't see any of this. Jacob finally gets his attention and tells him that he has 2 snakes. Jeff asked him if he takes care of them. Then Jacob tells him that he is a fan and shows him the books he has of Corwins Quest. Jeff signs them we take a picture. When I take the picture everyone notices that he is there and start to ask to take pictures too. We have dinner and the only other kid that stayed for the dinner part sits at the table with us.

I am sure Jacob will blog about it himself tomorrow :)

The cold cucumber soup...not a great hit with the two little boys.
During the taping of the show.


The theater before the taping.


Outside the Kentucky Center for the Arts.


Jacob and Jeff Corwin. He was very nice and just as funny in person as he is on his show.


No comments: