Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Almost ready.....

We have only the rest of the evening and tomorrow to get everything done. I am pretty much on track with packing and getting things together. Tomorrow I will take the frog to a friend from Davids work. Then tomorrow night I will take the dog to another friend. So he is getting a little vacation too :) Jody has been watching him for me since he was a tiny puppy.

So today was spent getting the car washed, getting cash from the bank, more laundry, sweeping and scrubbing the floor (before you feel to sorry for me, Michael scrubbed the floor and Anthony swept). I also finished up the packing for the boys. I had the idea to put all the clothes for each day in a zip lock bag. So I could easily pull out a days worth of clothes for each of them. Most of our overnight stays are only one night and I thought it would be a huge pain to drag everything into the hotel every night. So I am also packing an overnight bag. Each morning when we load the car back up I just have to grab a zippy bag for each boy. It sounds good in theory, I am waiting to see if it actually works. Off to put the boys to bed.....

4 comments:

Rachel said...

busy busy. I know you are excited and overwhwlmed (:
Have a great time!

D. Stephen N. said...

Hey Juanita...your favorite cousin here...:-) I hope you all have a wonderful trip! Please be safe! I can't wait to see and hear about all the great times you are having. Tell all the guys I said hello.

Love ya, Donald Stephen

Anonymous said...

We have done the zip lock baggie deal and it does work pretty well. Wonder why I don't do that anymore? I think I will give it a try this trip too :-) Thanks for the reminder. Oh, don't forget a laundry bag too. Somehow that is one thing I have problems remembering. See you in a few days.
Linda N

Susan said...

I am so excited for you all getting to see the most beautiful parts of our country. I can't wait until Anna is a few years older so we can do it. By the way, how is the ziploc bags working?

Susan