Monday, August 18, 2008

Forces of Nature....

We are only 11 days from our big trip!!! Everything is coming together because I keep making lists. I am a worrier by nature and tend to stuggle to keep things on track. I am doing better with this trip than I expected. Still...the thought of so much time in the car with the boys scares me. I have made a few lessons about the places we will visit and I will print out reading and math worksheets. They also have DS's and TV for the drive. David has loaded up the IPOD with lots of books on tape. Mark Twain, Harry Potter and Douglas Adams are a few he has added. I hope this is enought to keep then busy and entertained. They are all pretty good car riders but we may be pushing it a little bit :)

Now for the title of my post.......

http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080818/ap_on_re_us/grand_canyon_flooding

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jJKVQEtp-N1l7AIyKVgxPeB9iaCQD92FBLL80

I hope someone isn't trying to tell us something!

5 comments:

- Beth said...

Just last week.... I recall telling you the grand canyon would flood before I made it there ;).

sgswv said...

Hey guys, just nine more days. I am looking forward to making the trip with you, well, in spirit anyway. I will check on here from time to time for updates. Hope your computer holds up Juanita.

Love
Uncle Steve

Rachel said...

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momeena (Juanita) said...

I thought of you Beth when I read the article about the flood :)

Anonymous said...

Chris says that will only affect you if you plan to hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. We plan on staying up on top, thanks. LOL
Linda N