Saturday, August 30, 2008

The stars at night.....





Are big and bright...deep in the heart of Texas. We have been singing this song today. We woke up this morning in Arkansas, got breakfast at Waffle House then drove over to DeGray lake. It was very pretty and nice just to walk around in the wooded area by the water. David and the boys made some mini movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzDADIwTQHA

I took a few pictures then we drove for 9 hours. Texas is very interesting, not exactly what I was expecting. It is very green and I loved the cactus all along the sides of the road. And you know the old cowboy movies with the high signs with the ranch names on them, well a lot of people have them in front of their driveways!

Got to get on the road early tomorrow, so I will say good night now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting movie, rofl! We are enjoying your nightly entries and watching your progress on the map.
Linda N

Brenda said...

Nice photos. I still need to watch the videos but I'll have to get on a different computer. This one is too slow for videos. Can't wait to see you.

Sheri said...

Sounds like you're having a great trip! I am very jealous. I've never been to Texas either, except a layover at the airport in Houston. I was excited to see "real" cowboys. LOL

Sheri

Rachel said...

we are loving the pics, getting ready to try the videos. I'm so glad you guys are having a good time. - yee haw - is everyhting bigger and better in texas?