Saturday, May 16, 2009

We are having to much fun......

I love love love this Burr Oak tree. It is around 250 years old!!!

My almost teenager....




Looking at gunpowder from a powder horn.



This was one of Michaels hatchet throws.










Helping make a bowl.






I got up this morning, checked my e-mail, a friend had sent a reminder about founders day at McConnell Springs. We all love this place, Jacob had it 9th birthday party there. We had not ever been to founders day celebration so we just got in the van and went. The boys got to help chisel out a bowl from a big chunk of wood. They also got to throw hatchets and we took a short hike. We had just talked about flint lock riffles and powder horns in our Kentucky History class and today we got to see them. It made me miss my Dad, he use to have those things. Jacob and Michael made a few crafts.....a canoe, teepee and a necklace. Anthony is increasing not wanting to do the crafty type things.



We only have 3 days of school left. Not that we will be stopping, we will just be able to focus on the things we didn't finish. And some things we just haven't had the chance to get to yet.














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to go to this. I really wanted to...but had an appointment in Wonderland! :)Jeannie