Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On impulse.......


















































This morning we got up and met Alyssa's parents at the Toledo Museum of Art. They were picky about photography so I didn't get very many good pictures. We saw a couple Monets and to my great joy a Caulder mobil. They wouldn't let me take a picture of the Caulder piece :( The building itself is beautiful!! They have an auditorium that looks like it belongs in Greese or Rome.

After the museum we went back to the hotel and the kids swam for almost 3 hours! I couldn't decide what to ave for dinner so we just got in the van and drove down the road the hotel is on. I kept seeing signs for Maumee Bay state park. So on a whim I followed the signs and we ended up in a very pretty place. There was a beach and lots of big rocks. It was really to bad that we didn't find this place sooner. It would have been a great place to have a picnic and play for a few hours. It will definatly be on our list for next time. We stopped by Taco Bell and got food to bring back to eat on the pool patio at the hotel. So the kids are swimming again. Michael and Anthony have been swimming well for a long time, but Jacob has always been a little afraid of the water. Not anymore!! He is swimming under the water very well now.
Leaving for home tomorrow, I miss my husband!




























No comments: