Saturday, November 7, 2009

playing catch up again.......

Wish my pictures were clearer. I didn't want to upset the animals so didn't use my flash.
Chuckie from Kentucky













Jamie, one of our favorite Salato employees






































We have been to several Brown Bag Lunches at Salato. One in October about wild animal rescue. We saw a groundhog and a couple of baby raccoons.



Last week we went to a lecture about Bald Eagles. We got more information about the Bald Eagle weekends at a couple of the state parks in January and February. A friend had already sent me some information about them but I hadn't mentioned it to the boys yet. They were very excited when they found out about the Eagle watching. They thought it would be a very good idea to go :)




After the talk we walked around to look at the animals. We didn't see the bear, we think he was in the back where he stays when he is off of display. The door to back there was open, but no sign of the bear. The eagle was out and talking to us, but when I got my camera set to video he stopped :(



We always get special attention when we go there and a couple of the volunteers wanted to brin out snakes for us but found out that they had just bn fed. So instead they brought out a fishing game and the boys all won fishing bobbers.


Have I mentioned how much we love Salato?!?!

No comments: