Monday, August 9, 2010

Not homeschooling related but still cool!!!!

On Friday the boys and I stopped by Joseph Beth to see if they had a history book Anthony needs for one of his classes. They didn't but we always love to visit that bookstore so we all kind of went in our own directions. When I finally went looking for the boys Anthony pointed to a sign and said, "Steven Adler is going to be here." So I ask, who is that! I guess he was the original drummer for some band called Guns and Roses ;) Anthony really prefers 80's bands to the new bands of today...I have to agree with him on this point! So I bought the book and took him yesterday to have it signed! We got there a little early and got in line. I was surprised there wasn't more people there. There were way more people there when David and I went to see Alton Brown. We were there 4 hours for that! Mr. Adler was 10 minutes late but was so nice as he was walking in, he said hello and shook a lot of hands while he was walking by. He stopped and hugged this guy in a wheelchair right in front of us. The line started moving and we noticed that he was hugging everyone!!! When it was our turn I quickly go to the side so I can get pictures of him with Anthony. He looks at me and says, "hi darlin." I say I back to him and start taking pictures!! Anthony tells me later that he was laughing inside when he said that...I guess rock stars aren't suppose to call moms "darlin." We got the book signed and Anthony wanted to leave immediately. Can't believe he didn't want to hang around and talk to the guy. There really weren't very many people in line behind us, there would have been time to wait around. I guess he isn't a talker like Jacob. Still haven't run across anything special for Michael, but I am sure something will come along and surprise us.


I didn't quite get the handshake.





Anthony getting Hugged.







And after he meets the rock star he just has to sit on the butterfly bench :)






No comments: