Thursday, August 19, 2010

We started school!!!!
















We started back to school on August 11th. I wasn't as prepared this year as I have been in the past but I thought it was best just to dig right in and get started. We had a pretty good first day but the boys were ready for it to be over as you can see in the picture I took. Every year I take a first day of school picture. I usually take it in the morning on our first day. This time I didn't do it until the school day was almost over. I will remember next year to get it taken before we start the day :)


Anthony has started 9th grade and that has been stressful for me. I think we have it all worked out now. Jacob and Michael are starting 6th grade. They are doing the same things except for math. Jacob is a little behind and Michael is a little ahead. I am having him do pre-algebra this year, he is very good with math and I am sure he will do great.

On Friday the 13th we went to the bowling alley to say goodbye to the Brenner family. The family is moving to Colorado and the kids will be going to school so they had to get there before school started. Sheila is staying behind for a while so hopefully we will see her again before she leaves.

We are counting down the days until our trip around New England. We are learning about the places we will be seeing. We made some really cool Statue of Liberty models on Monday. I wanted to make some New Jersey salt water taffy but we are just running out of time and I still have so much to do!!! We are leaving on August 27th and will be back on September 9th.


And lastly....we found the cutest baby bunny in our backyard yesterday. He was so tiny and scared. Anthony was mowing and it must have made him come out from where ever he was living. We didn't pick him up because a wildlife rescue person told us once that they can die if you pick them up. They get so scared that they tie their intestines in knots trying to get away. We made sure Diesel didn't bother him and left him alone for the night. This morning he was gone. That is what we were hoping would happen. Hopefully he went back under the shed were we think he was living. I wonder how many other baby bunnies are under there?

No comments: