Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Great Mount Rainier.......

Today we drove almost 6 hours from Coeur D’Alene Idaho to Mount Rainier. On the way we stopped at a scenic view in Washington. It was very interesting, not at all how I expected Washington to look. It had a desert look and feel, with a big river running through it. Quite beautiful but very different from what I imagined. Jacob and Michael tried really hard to catch one of the little brown lizards but had no luck.

As we got closer to Mount Rainier it started looking more like a forest. The trees got very tall and the mountains high. The park is huge; it took us almost an hour to drive up to the visitor center. We were all a little disappointed because the mountain was hiding her face today. Even though we didn’t get to see the mountain we still saw lots of beautiful things. The surrounding mountains were gorgeous, as were all the wild flowers. Jacob and I took a little hike up by a small creek waterfall. Then Jacob, Michael and I took another short hike by the reflection lakes. That makes me hope that we can see the mountain tomorrow before we leave. So I can get a picture of the mountain and it reflection. All we could see today was fog and clouds. We did visit the visitor center to get Junior Ranger books and a few souvenirs :) I hope to have internet access so I can post this blog!!
 Yes...this is Washington State!!!



 A beautiful mountain...but NOT Rainier!!!

 Jacob and Michael bought Slingshots.

 A really cool flower




 This picture makes me happy...it looks "Seussish"
 Banana Slug we found by a creek.

Well, couldn't get on line yesterday to post this so here it is today. Hopefully later I will be able to get the pictures I took today online and let you know if we got to actually see the mountain today and not just clouds again :)

No comments: