Sunday, August 26, 2012

Theodore Roosevelt National Park....

We woke up this morning in St. Cloud Minnesota.  We really didn't get to see much, but there were lots of really pretty lakes and ponds along the interstate.  I guess that is why they call it "Land of 10,000 lakes!!  We drove 8 hours and made good time because we didn't even stop for lunch, we just ate sandwiches from the cooler.  I wanted to get to Theodore National Park before the visitor center closed for the day and I was pushing us hard!!  When we were 15 minutes away I realized the we had driven into mountain time....we had and extra hour!!!!  So we got to see some of the park today before it got dark :)  And even a little after it got dark.  I took Jacob and Michael to a Ranger Program at the campground.  They have to go to a ranger lead program to earn their Junior Ranger Badges.  They had a good time and got to help the Ranger act out a couple of things.  The prairie dogs are very cute.  They let me get kind of close to take pictures!!  Not as close as it looks in the pictures though, I was using a zoom lens.  We will see the other side of the park tomorrow and the boys will get their badges then we will head to Bozeman Montana.
 











No comments: