Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Off Roading in the National Park!!!

So we got up and David still felt pretty bad.  He managed to eat and we headed to a guitar store so Anthony and Jacob could buy some picks.  We also stopped by a Kroger and got some more drinks and some medicine for David.  Then we were on our way to the National Park.  We wanted to go up to Cades Cove because there is a primitive unpaved road off of that loop, Rich Mountain Road.   We took a cooler with us and stopped at a picnic area in Cades Cove.  I talked David into letting me drive.  I was a little nervous because I really freaked out on the trail at Slade and I wasn't the one driving.  I was pretty sure this was going to be nothing like that one so I got behind the wheel and drove.  They say you should have a 4 wheel drive to go on this road but we saw a car parked by a trail head.  Really I think the mini van would have been able to do most of the road.  We had one really nice view of the mountain with a little white church in the valley.  I really had a nice time driving and was a little bummed when we came to the end of it.  It was 12 miles and look an hour to get through it.  We did stop twice for pictures though :) 

We grilled again for dinner...hot dogs and corn on the cob.  The boys shot BB guns again.  I read a little while David taught Michael how to hit a ball on the pool table.  Everyone is in bed and I am getting ready to head there myself. 

 The warning sign before you get on the road!
The winding road....it was worse than this in places!



 We had the top down :)


 
The view looking straight up from the drivers seat!

No comments: