Thursday, May 30, 2013

Today the Nascar Speedway and a nice surprise!!!!

Last night while on Facebook I noticed some pictures that my cousin who lives in West Virginia posted.  The pictures looked very much like the Smoky Mountains so I asked him where he was.  He was here too!!!  Okay at a different resort but still in the Smokies :)  We told him that we were going to be at the Nascar Speedway go cart track and he stopped by to visit with us before they left today.  It was so nice to see him and is wife Sue.  She and I had a nice chat while the boys rode the go carts.   If it weren't for Facebook I wouldn't have known they were here and gotten to see them!! 

We spent 5 hours at the Speedway.  The boys rode go carts, climbed rock walls and played mini golf.  I think it was the best deal in the area!!  We are all a little sunburned but tired and happy.  We skipped lunch and went to Huck Finns for dinner.  We ordered 3 meals and all shared......Fried chicken (for me), chicken livers (for David and Jake) and catfish for all the boys.  They give you all you can eat hushpuppies and they are sooo good! 

We stopped by a woodcutting place because I saw a really cool carved tree that goes on front doors.  I had to stop and check them out.  David says he and Anthony can make one....we will see.

Going to pack up our stuff because we have to be out of the cabin by 10 am!




Go cart hair!!!!



Ron letting Jacob win :)

Rock climbing....Anthony got to the top several times!


 




No comments: