Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tennessee Day 1

We have been planning a small get away for a month or so.  We decided on renting a cabin in the Smoky Mountains.  Anthony's last performance of Sing Down the Moon (I will blog that later) was on Sunday and I booked our cabin for Monday!  In hindsight that wasn't such a good idea.  On Saturday Jacob woke up not feeling well.  Kept telling me his stomach hurt.  Later that evening he had a fever.  He woke up Sunday feeling much better but then David started feeling bad.  It hit him harder than Jacob but we trudged on and got up Monday Morning and drove to Tennessee.  We stopped at Smoky Mountain Knife Works but after a short time there David started feeling pretty bad and we left.  He got what he wanted so it was good.  Anthony bought a small Swiss Army knife with money that Papaw Larry sent all the boys.  Thank you Papaw!!!!! 

We headed to the cabin to relax a little.  I sat out on the porch swing and read a little.  Then I got the grill going while the boys shot BB guns.  Sunday before the play I made up some hamburgers with a recipe from Fresh 20.  It had bread crumbs and feta cheese.  They grilled up nicely!  Then we made smores.  I love the way marshmallows roast on charcoal.  Use to roast them like that when I was a child, but as an adult we have always had a gas grill.  I had forgotten how good they taste with charcoal until our first cabin experience a few years ago.   We turned in early so Jacob and David could get some rest.  Neither one of them ate very much. 

 

Thought the fire looked cool!!


Yumm Smores!!


Perfectly roasted marshmallow!!!

No comments: