Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A not as planned day.....

We left Slidell this morning headed towards Belle Chase and Jean Laffite NHP.  Well we arrived to find they aren't open on Mondays or Tuesdays!  It was cold and rainy but the boys and I decided to walk one of the trails for a little while anyway.  David went back to the van.  His cold is lingering and it wasn't a good idea for him to be in the rain.  We walked half an hour in and then decided to come back.  I loved it, the boys thought it was creepy.  I will say the huge palmetto made lots of noise when the wind blew.  It did kind of sound like something was following us. 

The hotel I picked looked like it was right on the Mississippi, that was the reason I put us there so far out away from everything.  Well, it was close tot eh river but you couldn't see any of the river at all.  We could see huge ships sticking up from what was undoubtedly the river but we couldn't see it :( 

We decided to find a pizza place for lunch to make up for our not so great day.  We found some really great pizza at Rotolo's Pizzaria.  I used the extra time that evening to do a couple loads of laundry.







I loved the quiet beauty of the swamp...the boys thought I was crazy.  They thought it was creepy.
 
 
Very yummy pizza 
 

No comments: