Saturday, February 15, 2014

West Monroe and Monroe Louisiana

We left Lafayette this morning heading towards Monroe.  On the way we stopped by the Cajun Pawn Stars in Alexandria.  David has been looking for a certain gun but hasn't been able to find it.  Well, they had one but it wasn't for sale.  We saw Big Daddy, and Johnnie came up to talk to us because the boys and I were petting one of the really huge dogs roaming the store.   He wanted to be sure that we saw the 2 month old puppy behind one of the counters :)  I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the goat there from one of the shows ;)  I am not sure if their show was cancelled but I haven't seen it on in a long time.

We also stopped by Duck Commander in West Monroe.  I do need to say that I don't believe the some of the same things as Phil but I do love the show and their commitment to each other.  Unfortunately Uncle Si was no where to be seen, he is my favorite :) 

Later I found out that my friend Michele who lives in Monroe is sick.  We were suppose to go to the Mardi Gras parade with her.  We went to Raising Cains to have dinner because it was on the parade route.  The boys got lots of beads, so did I! 





Coolest police car ever!!!





This wasn't even all the beads...this is about half way through the parade!  One of the guys on a float threw me a whole bag full of beads.  Going to share them with our homeschool friends back at home :)





These were the beads I caught....and I wasn't even trying!  I was getting hit in the face with them!
  

4 comments:

Jessica said...

So much colour! It would be hard not to enjoy the parade. Can I ask what the beads are for? Do they have meaning? They look rather pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi, this is Michele. The sick friend. I'm so glad y'all found a good place to enjoy the parade! It looks like you had a good time! As for the beads, if they have special meaning, I don't know about it. It's just a traditional Mardi Gras throw. Sometimes they throw gimme cups, stuffed animals and other small items. Oh, and I mustn't forget the doubloons! Lots of those too! It's all just fake treasure. People go wild for it! As a teacher, I get bagsful of them donated to my class for crafts and whatnot.

Jessica said...

Thanks Michelle, I was ver curious. It sounds like so much fun, especially for kids!

Jessica said...

Thanks Michelle, I was ver curious. It sounds like so much fun, especially for kids!