Saturday, February 8, 2014

Playing with my emotions....

For the last week I have been checking the weather channel to see what the weather was going to be like on our trip.  My main focus was on Dauphin Island Alabama since all the things to do there are outside.  Well it looked okay the day I checked, then David told me that some front was coming through and it was going to be cold.  So I looked and sure enough it said it was going to be in the 20's.  So I start checking every day, it kept bouncing back and forth.  The day before we left it said it was going to be in the high 50's.  I thought it was close enough for them to know for sure at that point.  At breakfast this morning in Athens David asks me to check the temperature on the Island.  So I google it on my phone and it says that it is 7 degrees with the high on getting to 14!!!!!!!  I was so depressed.  On the way out of Athens we stop by a Walmart to pick up a pillow.  David decided to call the hotel and ask them what the weather was like.  They told him it was sunny, they had the windows open and people were wearing shorts!  Let me just say it made my day :) 

We drove the 6 hours from Athens and got here in time to walk to the beach and watch the sun set!  It was beautiful.  I wish all my friends in the cold and snow were here with us. 
 The view from the back balcony of the hotel.
 
 



 
 






 
 
 
 Michael took this picture...he was trying to get the sun between Jacobs legs.  He didn't exactly get it but I still think its a great picture!

No comments: