Saturday, January 30, 2010

Diesel has been home for over a week now :)







Diesels last night in the shelter.



I have been neglecting my blog...going to play a little catch up tonight.








On the 19th I took the boys back to the Humane Society to play some more with Diesel. Jacob felt a little intimidated by him but it wasn't because of anything Diesel did. Sunday while we were there Jacob tried to get on the floor and play with him but David told him not to do that because Diesel isn't a puppy. David just wanted to see if the dog understood the pecking order first and he did, but Jacob was a little spooked by it. So we wanted to make sure Jacob was okay with this dog so I took them back. We got some treats and Jacob went through some tricks which Diesel aready seemed to know. Then we took him outside and he played tug with all the boys. They all, the dog included, had a great time. By the time we got him back into the visiting room they were all pretty excited. I called David to tell him that Jacob wasn't at all afraid, but Jacob wanted to talk to him. He says...."I taught Diesel tricks and we played outside. Can we get him?!?!" David told him yes. So we put Diesel back in his cage and go to play with the puppies before we leave. After leaving the puppy room we stop back by Diesel's cage and he isn't there. Jacob grabs my hand and starts pulling me to the door saying lets go tell them mommy before someone else takes him. So we go start the paperwork and they approve us but I tell them I can't take him until we get a kennel. Then they tell me that Diesel is an escape artist. Seems he had been adopted three times but kept getting away from his owners. Not sure why but I start getting nervous. I ask them if we can just put him on hold until I talk to David. They say we have until 3pm on the 20th to decide.








David comes home and takes us shopping for dog supplies. We get a huge kennel, bowls, food, treats and a collar and leash. During the shopping I started having some anxiety. Almost wanted to back out on the dog. Got back home and started making dinner. I was on the verge of tears. I realized then what the problem was...I missed my DJ. That and the fact that my mom gave him to us. After I realized what the problem was I did feel better about bringing Diesel home.








So on the 20th we went to the pound and brougt him home :) He really is a great dog. He loves to play soccer in the back yard with the boys. He loves to go on walks and I am getting more exersize than I have in a very long time. They told us he is 3 years old but he still very much acts like a puppy.

No comments: