Sunday, January 17, 2010

The last week......

We have had a great week. We spent the day at Kids Place with friends one day. I couldn't believe how long we stayed (5 hours) and how well the kids all got along together. I had a great time with all the mommas. We had 5 moms and and 12 kids!

We had a chess club meeting and all the kids played. Well, Jacob only played about 5 minutes but he had a great time being with his friends.

We have been talking about getting a dog. I have been looking online and checking out books. The boys are all excited. I took Jacob and Michael to the Humane Society in Lexington on Wednesday afternoon. We went into the puppy room, even though I told them we aren't getting a puppy. A lady was there trying to decide if she wanted a chow/golden retriever mix. She asked the boys to play with the puppy to see how it was with kids. It was a good dog and at one point she said, "I am not sure about taking this dog, you take it if you want it." Well the boys got excited and when I told them no, Michael started crying. Then I looked at Jacob and he was breaking out all over his face!! Not sure what caused the reaction but I washed him up and we left. It could have been the weird hair that puppy had or even the shampoo they bathed it in. I told him I was pretty sure he wasn't allergic to dogs but he was pretty cranky the rest of the day anyway.

Can you believe that I didn't have my camera for any of these things!! I really need to be better about that! Anthony had his camera so he took a few pictures and I took a few with it.

Then today the boy and I all went to the Scott County Animal Shelter. It had a much better smell than the one in Lexington. We took a couple of puppies out in their yard to play and we all had a great time. Even my big 13 year old was on the ground with one of the puppies and it was crawling all over him licking his face. His true self shows when he is with small kids and animals. No one cried or had an allergic reaction while we were there. I told the boys that we would go more often to the shelters to play with the dogs. I have been wanting a service project for us and I think this will be good.

No comments: