Sunday, August 30, 2015

Crater Lake

We left the ocean today....I was sad to say goodbye.  We drove 4 hours to Crater Lake National Park.  I have wanted to see this place for a long time.  Unfortunately when we got there we were told the visibility was bad.   We stopped at the first viewing area and climbed the hill.  We could see a little but my ideas of a grand view were dashed.  It was still pretty cool but you other picture people out there understand my sadness.  But I really can't complain, this is the first time we have had conditions that made taking pictures a problem in all the trips we have taken!  We drove on down to a visitor center and got Junior Ranger books.  The overlook behind the building was kind of clear so I took a few more pictures.  It didn't last long though, soon the whole lake was covered in fog.  They had just had fires there recently but the weather was cold and misty, I am pretty sure this was fog and not smoke.

Our hotel for the night was interesting.  It was actually a motel (Eagle Crater Lake Motel) with two king size beds.  They had some interesting carvings of eagles.  I was going to take pictures but it was rainy when we left.  Oddly enough this has been one of my favorite places we have stayed! 










No comments: