Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 8....









We got up this morning in Idaho. We really didn't see any of it yesterday because it was dark when we drove into it. We stayed in Pocatello at a Holiday Inn which turned out to be a Holidome. Linda was telling me about those while we were at the canyon. Since it turned out that we only need to drive 3 hours today and not 6 like I thought, the boys and I went swimming before we checked out of the hotel. Idaho is beautiful too, but quite a bit different from Utah. There are mountains and we could even see the Grand Tetons while we were driving through it.


David hid a birthday present for me in the car while we were packing up and I didn't notice it the whole trip. It was a walking stick with a compass in the top. The top also screws off and I can screw my camera onto it to make a monopod.

Then we got in the car and drove to West yellowstone. He took us to an ice cream shop where it turns out he talked the owner into making the pie that he usually makes me for my birthday. They even used his recipe!! They added whipped cream to the top of it so I didn't know what it was right away. Anthony said, "this just proves that you never know what Daddy will do!"

We drove into Yellowstone park and saw buffalo and elk. We also walked along one of the geyser basens. It was a great birthday!!




3 comments:

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday Juanita! What an unforgettable one! Yay to David for making it so special! Your pictures are beautiful. What a trip you are having.

Anonymous said...

Very cool pictures. I want to go back to Yellowstone! We spent one very quick day there and need to go again. Glad you found the holidome. Did it have the big screen over the pool with movies?

Renee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! A few days late. :-( Glad DAvid planned ahead.