Tuesday, September 2, 2008

yesterday, seems so far away...













We spent part of yesterday in New Mexico, very beautiful!! Then we stopped by the painted desert and the petrified forest. We stayed way to long and didn't get to the Grand Canyon until after 11 pm. They don't have internet here and our cell phones don't work so I didn't get to post. I am only getting to post today because we met my friend Linda here at the Canyon. Her husband has is internet card from work so I am posting from their computer.






The kids loved the desert and the canyon. We had a good visit with our friends. I am tired so will make this a short post.






Hopefully we will have internet tomorrow and I will write more.

More from day 4 and 5....

As I said before we really loved the painted desert. You get into the park and start driving, as you come around the first bend all of a sudden it is just there and it is beautiful. We had only planned to be there an hour but ended up being there 4 hours!! The boys decided to earn Junior Ranger badges for the park. The ranger who awarded them the badges was so nice. He took a long time with them and made it really special. We had made a couple stops before that at a couple souvenir stands. We stopped in Flagstaff for dinner and when we left the restaurant parking lot we saw a skunk. It lifted its tail but did not spray us. So we ended up being very late getting to the canyon. It was dark and we couldn't see very much and the roads inside the park were confusing. We got a little lost but ended up finding were we needed to be.

The next day we met up with the Norden family and they led us around the canyon showing us all the cool sights. We had a great time and the kids got along great! All the kids got Junior Park ranger badges from the Grand Canyon too. They had to go to a ranger program and do four workbook pages to earn the badges. I think my favorite part of the canyon was the watch tower even though it made me dizzy when I was at the top. I think it was the best place in the park. WE tried to watch the sunset over the canyon but we could not find a parking place and didn't feel like walking after walking all day. We were all exhausted!! The kids slept hard.

7 comments:

Renee said...

Oh! I am so jealous you guys got to meet up. I hope all of you are having a great time. PLEASE stay away from the edge. The photos make me queasy.

linda said...

LOL, I was going to say you were too close to the edge for Renee's comfort. So wonderful to see you, Linda, and all the kids.

Rachel said...

Love the pictures. Walker now asks, "let's see where 'robojose' is today" I guess move over Carmen San diego... Lol

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an amazing view!!!
I love the pics of all of the kids together.It always warms my heart to see that ;-)
Have a GREAT visit with Linda and family!!

Anonymous said...

We had a great visit. It went much too quickly! The kids all had a great time and even Julia warmed up pretty fast.

Sheri said...

Great pictures! And look at you and Linda! I'm jealous! Can I use any more exclamation points? Of course I can!!!!

Momeena (Juanita) said...

Linda,

Thanks for getting up early for us.

Rachel- I'll tell you you the story about Robo Jose' when we get home. We will be visiting the real Jose at the end of our trip.

Linda H. and Renee-The canyon edge made me jumpy too.