Thursday, September 11, 2008

Omaha today....








We drove to Omaha this morning to meet a friend and go to the zoo. We got to the zoo around 11:30 and meet Brenda. Then we all went and had lunch at this restaurant in the zoo. There was a big glass wall and on the other side was the jungle. We got to watch monkeys while we ate!

This zoo is awesome!!! It was a rainy day but most of the exhibits are inside. A lot of the exhibits you just walk right through. It really feels like you are right in with the animals, sometimes you are! We got really close to a couple of little monkeys, there was nothing between us and them.

The boys enjoyed Brenda, she got right down with them to show them things. When she had to leave to pick up her boys from school Jacob said, "when you pick them up you can come back here." He didn't realize she lived almost 2 hours away. We didn't get to see all of the zoo before it closed, it is huge. And Jacob made me figure out how far it is away from our house. He says that now he knows he really wants to be a zoo keeper and we have to come back to this zoo. Most of the time Michael says he wants to be a zoo keeper too. He loves gorillas and he tried very hard to get the gorillas here to put their hands on the glass. It was raining and they were just trying to find a place to not get wet.

There were so many things I had never seen up close in real life before and some things I had never heard of. I loved the cat like things from Madagascar, I just can not remember their mane right now. we also saw a badger and quite a few beavers. The beavers were eating wood, the sound was very cool to hear.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I loved seeing you and your family! Thanks for taking the time! Bring those boys back to Nebraska soon. I plan on doing the wave with them during the next Nebraska game. Tell them every time Nebraska scores I'll be doing it with them and expect them to do it too.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect picture of you and Brenda. I love it. I wish I was there. I love that zoo. It is best one we have ever visited.

Renee said...

Oh - They have a golden tammarin lion! That is S's favorite and ours was traded to another zoo. Soooo jealous of you and Brenda. I miss you both!