Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I 've been everywhere......




There is a video that goes with this title but the internet at this hotel is way to slow to upload it. Maybe it will be better at the hotel tomorrow and I can upload it then.

We got up this morning and went back to Mt. Rushmore. We went to the Gutzen Borglum museum there. He is the designer and sculptor of the monument. It was he who decided which presidents to put on the mountain. It is carved in granite and will take 10,000 years to erode one inch so it will be around for a while :) They had one of the men who actually worked on the monument at the gift store today and apparently Jacob talked to him while I was in line paying for souveners. They all finished the junior ranger books, Anthony's was MUCH harder but he learned a lot doing it. This was the 5th badge they earned.

We found a nice little German resturant for lunch. I got the potato salad, I love German potato salad! We go to a little place in Columbus that has the best I have ever had.

After lunch we drove 1.5 hours to Wall, they have a really cool drug store called Wall Drugs.

http://www.walldrug.com/

It is an awesome place! We had heard about it from others who had gone and the Jackalope was high on the boys list of things they wanted to see on this trip.

I had to do laundry again, this is the third time. I thought I packed enough to only have to do it once but I guess I didn't. But I have enough clean clothes now to last us until we get home.

No comments: