Monday, September 3, 2012

I spent today in my happy place :)


Yellowstone.  That word has so much meaning for me.  It is really hard to describe the feeling I have when I am here.  I really have this feeling at most of the National Parks we visit but this one is special.  It is my happy place...that is the only way I can describe it. 
 
We only had to drive 2 hours from Idaho this morning to get here.  We drove into the park and visited the Junior Ranger station.  The boys already have the badge from here but we found out about a different thing they can do called Junior Scientist.  We talked to the Rangers there for a long time then we had a picnic lunch.  On the way our we found a much better place for a picnic by they river...oh well, maybe tomorrow ;)  Then we went do to the Old Faithful area to get the Junior scientist books.  Then we listened to a Ranger talk and saw Old Faithful erupt.  We visited a gift shop but it is so crowded here today, I am hoping most people go home after the holiday.  I will just have to get our souvenirs another day.  We took the Firehole Canyon Drive and saw the waterfall.  We also so the place where you can swim in the river.  It was also crowded so we will hopefully get back to that.  We also took the Firehole Lake Drive.  We hadn't been to either of these places the last time we were here.  There were lots of very cool things on this drive.  The lake was beautiful, there was also several dome geysers and a very awesome hot spring.
 
We came back to West Yellowstone Montana to check into our hotel.  We walked to a pizza place fro dinner from here.  I am washing a load of laundry and we are winding down for the night.  Looking forward to a most awesome day tomorrow!!!
 


 Old Faithful
 

 We took a picture just like this when we were here 4 years ago.
 Teddy Roosevelt Bear
 Firehole Spring...This one bubbled, I haven't seen one do that before!!
 Surprize Pool....It is black because it is hotter than boiling.
 
 Grand Fountain Geyser....we didn't get to see this one erupt.
 

 White Dome Geyser...we got lucky and got to see this one erupt!
 


 Firehole Lake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need some pictures of you in YOUR happy place ;-) Glad that ya'll are having such a great time!!! ~Chris J.