Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Yellowstone day 2

I am soooo tired!!!  We had a super busy day so I know I will forget something.  Going to mostly rely on the pictures for this post.  We did the whole upper loop of today.  We stopped by the Mammoth hot springs terraces, this was high on my list of things to see.  David was driving along, I was looking at a map then David hits the breaks and yells..."BEAR".  It was just walking across the road.  After it crossed the road and was down the hill I jumped out and snapped a few pictures :)  Then we drove a little farther and we saw a mother bear and her cub!!!  Bears...another thing high on my list of things to see.  The other thing on my list is a moose.  We also saw the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.  It was beautiful but turned out to be very difficult to photograph.  The rocks kind of blended together and you couldn't really see it was a canyon.  I did get a few pictures though. 
 





 Mammoth Hot Spring Terraces....so beautiful.
 



 Liberty Cap...a dormant hot spring.
 

 Fire damage.
 



 Falls in the canyon.
 




No comments: