Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tetons again today



Jacob and I got up early and went for a little hike.  It was very cold, we could see our breath.  We didn’t stay out long because of the cold.  We didn’t see any wildlife.  Later after everyone else was up and ready we drove down to Tetons National Park.  We made the loop and got some good views of the mountains.  We went to the visitors centers at Moose and at Jenny Lake.  The visitor center at Moose was pretty cool.  The boys went to a Ranger talk about where different animals live in the park.

We had lunch at the Chuckwagon in Moose, we ate inside a Teepee!  Jenny Lake was amazing.  It was peaceful and quiet.  The view there was spectacular.  None of my pictures come even close to showing its beauty.  I am not really very happy with any of my pictures from here.  I think part of the problem is there are wildfires all around and everything has a haze.

Jacob, Michael and I took a hike before dinner.  We walked the trail behind the cabins.  I love it here, all forest and mountains!!

After dinner we drove down to Snake River to see if we could spot any wildlife.  No luck…I really wanted to see a moose.  I have never seen one alive and in person.  Oh well…that gives me a reason to come back!



 From left to right...South Teton, Middle Teton and Grand Teton.
 
 Moose visitor center

 Lunch in a Teepee!


 Rainbow clouds on our walk to Jenny Lake.
 Jenny Lake





 Fourth Junior Ranger badge of the trip.




The Snake river, I couldn't resist the reflection.

No comments: