Friday, March 11, 2011

Heading for Sequoia

We got up this morning and left the Yosemite area. We drove out of the Sierra Nevadas, the foothills looked to me like what I think Scotland might look like. We drove to this little town called Chowchilla and finally got cell reception back!! I think I am way to attached to my internet.

We had a short drive so we stopped at a Walmart to restock our cool and snack box. As we started getting closer again the the south end of the Sierra Nevada mountains we saw lots of orange trees and we realized when had not had any California oranges yet! David saw a sign for a fruit stand and stopped. The guy inside was from Mexico and a little hard to understand but he was very nice and let us try a bunch of stuff! I loved the oro blanco, its a cross between an orange and a grapefruit. Its more grapefruit like and the best I have ever had! We bought two of them and quite a few of strange looking little tangerines. They look wilted and bad but they are wonderful, seedless and very easy to peal.

Rolling foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.


Look close and you can see the snow covered tips of the mountains.


Mountains and Palm trees!!!

Cool little fruit stand, not the one we stopped at though.



The view while driving was beautiful most of the time.

No comments: