Saturday, March 5, 2011

San Francisco!!!!!

The view from out hotel room. You can also see a little bit of Alcatraz Island between buildings.


We found Christy!!!!!


Working on ranger books.










My beautiful friend Christy.







Yummy ice cream!!!!



This is what I got. Chocolate peanut butter sundae.....so good!





San Francisco Bay






Anthony is actually smiling!!!!!





We made it to San Francisco. Get here yesterday around 10:30 am. We checked into our hotel. We have a great view of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. We started walking to the wharf to meet my friend Christy. Everything looks close on a map but let me tell you, it isn't!! We met up with Christy and had lunch at a place on the wharf called Tarintinos. After lunch we walked around and found a National Park information center. The little boys worked on the workbooks for the Junior Ranger program. We looked at Hyde Pier and a couple of boats there. After the boys got their badges we headed towards Ghirardelle Square and ice cream......very yummy. We sat and watched the boats on the bay for a while and did a little souvenir shopping. Then Christy left :( I always enjoy seeing my friends but it is always so sad when they leave. Even the boys felt it because Jacob said....."I miss Christy." We hung around the wharf a little longer then headed back up the hill to our hotel. San Francisco is VERY hilly. But the walk back wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be. We found a little Italian place with a Chinese cook :) The food was very good. We came back to the hotel and I sat down on the bed to look at a tourist guide and fell asleep. It was probably around 8:30 and I slept all night! Which is why I didn't blog last night :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had such a great time with you guys! I'm sorry we didn't get more time (good thing I left a little early though, my ferry showed up 40 minutes early!) I hope you guys had a great time the rest of the trip! Off to catch up on the rest of your blog...

~Christy