Thursday, March 3, 2011

The streets of Bakersfield.........


Joshua Trees

A wash in the desert.....beautiful!!!


Jacob exploring the wash.



























Jacob with Hank Williams.....we took this picture for Uncle R.W.




We left Vegas this morning. We were all glad to get out of the city. We drove to the edge of the Mojave Desert and had a picnic lunch. The desert was beautiful! Its always more exciting to see things that are different from what we normally see. The most interesting thing I think was the Joshua Tree.

After we explored the desert we got back in the van and headed towards Bakersfield. When I was a child my dad religiously watched Hee Haw so I knew who Buck Owens was and the song that he sang about this town. We found a restaurant called Buck Owens Crystal Palace and we had to go there. It was quite interesting and we ended up getting a concert with our meal :)






























We are all tired and I am trying to do laundry at the hotel but as always it is slow going.

2 comments:

gregariousred said...

I wonder if in Bakersfield you saw the sign that says, "Sun, Fun, Stay, Play! Bakersfield". I used to pass that sign on my way to summer camp. We always stopped for ice cream in Bakersfield. Looks like you are having a great time!

Momeena (Juanita) said...

Nope didn't see that sign.